Naturopathic Science is the study of natural healing methods in order to provide our co-learners a better quality of life as well as an opportunity to educate others on how to heal themselves. It focuses on the natural healing ability of the body and the lifestyle of the person.
As naturopathic doctors, we understand that the body, soul, and mind of a person is essential in order to find the appropriate healing techniques to heal others. From natural supplements to holistic healing techniques such as reiki, aryuveda, yoga, traditional Chinese medicine, acupressure, sauna baths, among others.
Our principles state as follows:
- First, we believe in the power of nature. The body has the natural ability to heal itself and our role is to facilitate this process, to identify and remove obstacles to their journey of recovery and support the creation of a healthy internal and external environment.
- Naturopaths identify and treat the cause of the illness and consider the symptoms as an expression of the body’s attempt to heal instead of a cause of the disease. These causes can occur on a physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual level. We find the root causes rather than a symptomatic expression.
- We do not do any harm because we believe illnesses are a purposeful process of the human beings.
- Naturopaths treat the whole person and focuses on the physical, emotional, genetic, environmental, social, and other factors in order to help in the person’s healing journey.
- We are considered teachers because we educate others on how to heal themselves with the help of natural supplements, nutrition, and other healing techniques.
- Naturopaths believe that prevention is the best cure and is the ultimate goal on any health care system. Our emphasis is in building health instead of fighting diseases.
Naturopathic science focuses on a natural approach to health and healing, recognizing the integrity of the whole person by emphasizing a healthy state through the stimulation, enhancement, and support of inherent healing capacity of the person.